Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What is a "classy" prank?


I dearly wish I had had a thought-out answer for this question when it was asked of me a while ago. I rather fancied myself, and my friends, to be the Ocean's Eleven of pranksters. Not that we were, but we had fun with what we did. And there were rules.

A good prank offers no real harm, but rather causes a twist in the victim's perspective so that they laugh at the world, their own silly customs, and ultimately, themselves. And then you laugh with them, if you're the sort to reveal yourself. If your prank doesn't target something of theirs that makes them laugh at themselves or their situation, you're either going to prank them ineffectively (like most girls who prank guys), or viciously (like guys vandalizing guys).

The thing is, people are silly. Just look at us... When we take ourselves too seriously we lose sight of more important things, so really when you prank someone well, you're doing them a favor.

-Keaton
       <><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home